When you really want to get your skin looking its best, a microcurrent facial is just what you need. The technology was originally used to treat injuries, bone fractures, and even paralysis, and eventually found massive popularity in the aesthetic industry.. These facials use mild electric currents to manipulate the tissues in your face in a gentle and non-invasive way. Microcurrent technology uses less than 1000 microamps, mimicking your body’s own electric current to help train muscles that are drooping and correct skin texture. The time and intensity of the treatment is customized to your individual needs, and works with your body to beautify and rejuvenate the skin. The current itself feels like a gentle buzzing – it is not strong enough to produce a shock or any unpleasant sensation! These currents have many positive effects, including:
- Boosting the production of collagen and elastin for firmer, younger-looking skin
- Promote the draining of excess lymphatic fluids, which helps reduce inflammation and swelling
- Improve the circulation of blood, oxygen and nutrients to the skin, leaving the skin looking bright and refreshed.
- Reduce discoloration of the skin, leaving a smoother, more even tone.
- Reduce dark circles and puffiness around the delicate eye area, making your eyes look more alert and your skin look overall more even.
- Can help relieve acne by clearing toxins in the skin.
A microcurrent facial is a great treatment, particularly as part of a regular facial routine. Microcurrent treatments will lift and define your features in the short term, so it is a great option to try for a special event or a place where you will be photographed. They will also improve your skin’s own healing abilities, so as you get more treatments your skin improves exponentially.
It’s amazing that one technique can have so many amazing benefits for the skin. We often forget that people are made up primarily of water, and so are great conductors of electricity. Because of this, electric currents can have a bigger impact on our well-being than we may realize.
Find out of a microcurrent facial is right for your skin! Talk to a skincare professional at Wax Me Boutique today to learn how this amazing practice can be used as part of your skincare regimen to give you a gorgeous glow!